Legal Department Specialist
The Legal Department Specialist is a person with strong attention to detail, follow through and analytical thinking. He/she will also have experience in an office environment, preferably a background in trucking or logistics, or is able to quickly come up to speed and understand trucking/logistics processes as it relates to entering data into the McLeod Transportation Management System.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Assist Chief Risk Officer in handling the day-to-day legal affairs of the business
- Review various contracts, identify potential issues, and find creative solutions to minimize risk while allowing the business operations to function as usual
- Investigate and assist Chief Risk Officer in responding to various legal issues, including accidents, cargo claims, collections and lawsuits
- Take the lead on various risk management assignments and projects, including research on case law and statutes
- Any other duties or tasks that the company may assign from time to time
- 4-year college degree
- 2-4 years of relevant professional working experience
Knowledge and Abilities
- Mastery of English speaking and writing skills required
- The utmost attention to detail and fully accountable for his or her actions
- Ability to uphold the highest ethical standards when performing the job
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Mastery of Gmail, Gchat and all Microsoft Office Products required
- Excellent multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills
- Self-starter that requires little to no oversight
- Knowledge and proficiency of the McLeod Transportation Management System preferred
- Extremely flexible, can handle rapid change and responds well to pressure
- Positive, collaborative, can-do attitude
- Open minded with proven track record of resolving difficult and stressful situations using creative and analytical problem-solving skills
Shift (Central time)
7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
First two weeks of employment, hours will be 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. for basic training.
Must be willing to relocate to downtown Chicago office if necessary.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Indoor environment subject to frequent interruptions; changing priorities from time to time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a variety of standard office equipment
- Verbal, auditory, and written capabilities to effectively communicate in an articulate manner
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel 10%-15% of the time
Merx Global, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and EEO/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity.