LEAD DIESEL MECHANIC
Lead Diesel Mechanic
Merx Global is hiring a Lead Diesel Mechanic to join our truck & trailer repair team as we continue to grow as a leader within the transportation industry.
The Lead Diesel Mechanic will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining a fleet of CDL tractors consisting primarily of Volvo VNL series trucks. This individual will need to be experienced in working with this type of equipment, as well as repairing and maintaining trailers. This individual will also be responsible for working on various truck models that visit the repair shop and they will be expected to lead a team of mechanics throughout the day-to-day operations of the shop.
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain a fleet of CDL tractors and trailers
- Use experience to suggest routine and preventative maintenance
- Lead and teach other team members throughout the shop
- Possess skills related to repairing engines, brakes, transmissions, and more
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Prior experience as a lead diesel technician
- Volvo and/or Detroit Diesel experience
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to teach and lead others
- Previous experience in transportation/logistics industry
- Ability to multitask within a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication/customer service skills
- Comfortable working within team environment
About Merx Global
Headquartered in Elk Grove Village, IL, Merx Global is a growing asset-based transportation company that provides comprehensive transportation solutions to customers throughout the United States. Our services include full truckload, regional, and long haul with a dedicated private fleet. The company invests substantial resources into their fleet operations, including state of the art tractors, GPS-equipped trailer tracking capabilities, their own fleet maintenance facility, and a secured lot for storage. Merx Global is experiencing tremendous growth and will more than double its fleet size over the next several years.
Job Type: Full-time