Merx Global is hiring a Broker Coordinator to join our operations team and provide first-class customer service as we continue to grow as a leader within the transportation industry.
The Brokerage Coordinator will be working day-to-day with outside brokers, carriers, and customers in order to facilitate the optimal operation of trucks within our fleet. The primary goal of this individual will be to establish and facilitate these business relationships while maintaining profitability of the fleet. The Broker Coordinator will also be responsible for working within a team to ensure that all freight will be delivered on time and without issue. The ideal Broker Coordinator will be an effective communicator, creative problem solver, and a persuasive voice.
- Work with third-party vendors and customers to schedule loads
- Manage drivers to ensure on time delivery for customers
- Monitor load boards and bid on profitable loads
- Manage relationships with outside vendors, customers, and drivers within our fleet
- Reschedule delivery and pick up appointments at various locations
- Maintain a schedule of rates with customers
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Previous experience in transportation/logistics industry
- Experience working with McLeod software
- Ability to multitask within a fast paced environment
- Comfortable using technology
- Excellent communication/customer service skills
- Comfortable working within team environment
About Merx Global
Headquartered in Elk Grove Village, IL, Merx Global is a growing asset-based transportation company that provides comprehensive transportation solutions to customers throughout the United States. Our services include full truckload, regional, and long haul with a dedicated private fleet. The company invests substantial resources into their fleet operations, including state of the art tractors, GPS-equipped trailer tracking capabilities, their own fleet maintenance facility, and a secured lot for storage. Merx Global is experiencing tremendous growth and will more than double its fleet size over the next several years.