Billing/Accounts Receivables Specialist
The Billing/Accounts Receivables Specialist is responsible for receiving and sorting paperwork from drivers, making sure all necessary paperwork has been submitted, as well as reconciling Accounts Receivables. He/she will have experience working in an Accounting department, preferably a background in transportation or logistics, or is able to quickly come up to speed and understand transportation/logistics as it relates to entering data into the McLeod Transportation Management System.
Responsibilities and essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to and reach out to customers regarding billing issues and concerns
- Enter and balance accounts receivable daily
- Match driver documents to assigned loads
- Audit paperwork to ensure proper billing
- Create invoices and credit memos
- Submit invoices via email, mail, web
- Conduct collection calls as needed
- Assist with other accounting projects in the office
- Maintain orderly financial filing system
- 1+ years of Payroll/Accounts Payable experience, preferably in the transportation and logistics industry
- McLeod TMS & McLeod’s Rendition Billing system experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge in McLeod Transportation Management System and McLeod’s Rendition Billing system.
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills, additional languages a plus
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Gmail, Gchat, CRM tools and Microsoft Products required
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Positive, collaborative, flexible, can-do attitude
- Capability in a fast-paced setting
- Open minded with proven track record of solving difficult and stressful situations
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Indoor environment subject to frequent interruptions; changing priorities from time to time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a variety of standard office equipment
- Verbal, auditory, and written capabilities to effectively communicate in an articulate manner
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
Merx Global, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and EEO/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity.